Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Decisions, Decisions
That's it. I have finally come to the decision that I need to stop nursing my article. The constant tweaks and rewrites mean that I won't send this out until well after I have a child and put him or her through college--and by then, my research will be hopelessly out of date. I am setting a firm deadline to submit the piece to a journal by the end of the month. And then I am moving on--pirates, suspense, archaeology all beckon from the shadow cast by this monster. I'm afraid I'll stop writing completely if I don't let it go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Addition: I just want to say that seeing how you all have stuck with your various projects has been inspiring--and partly responsible for this new "I'm putting my foot down on this" attitude. Per Wendy's post--my demons are still very noisy, but I have hope I can stuff them in a chest where their taunts will be extremely muffled.
ReplyDelete