Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wendy Has a Unique Evening

Last night, in an interesting coincidence, I saw a rough cut of the movie version of my short play, You Look Just Like Him, and then went to see the play itself performed. My nephew Charlie, who was the production assistant on the film, directed it (very well) as part of his high school's evening of one acts.

It was a rewarding evening in many ways. The movie is looking good. The play was well-done and well-received. I got a vivid lesson in the differences between movies and plays. I got compliments, which I ate right up (hey, it gets lonely writing!).

I'd love to write more about it, but I need to focus on my full-length play. I've been writing pretty much daily. Well, what I've been doing is more like un-writing--I've deleted dozens of pages. But pruning is part of growing, so I'm calling it writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment