Friday, May 8, 2009

Slogging through and learning...

Holly:

I'm learning so much about the process of writing an entire book, like what to reveal and when, and that the more pages you write the more information sort of has to be stretched out. As I write page 155, it changes something on page 30. Page 157 packs more of a whallop (is that how you spell that?) if you don't telegraph too much too early on. It's almost like science.

I'm dissecting parts of the book to look at them separately, to see how they build. At one point I realized my main character has exactly the same conversation with three different people! That's changed now.

It's all so interesting and difficult and most of all fun. I'm having a great time, and I so appreciate having people to talk to about the process. This is like a writing group without having to go anywhere.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment