Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Same As It Ever Was, Same As It Ever Was

So I just wrote for the first time in about a week. I had been writing pretty much every day, but then I got busy for a day or two, and as soon as I lost my momentum, the demons descended:
  • Demon 1: Why write at all? You'll never finish anything!
  • Demon 2: And even if you do, it'll stink.
  • Demon 3: And even if it's any good, it'll never get published.
  • Demon 4: You're not a real writer.
Well, I finally fought the demons with the only weapon I know of that works: ACTUALLY SITTING DOWN AND WRITING!

I don't know why I have to go through this cycle again and again and again and again, but at least the demon part of the cycle has gotten shorter over the years. That's progress!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment